At OhioGuidestone, we offer care that considers the whole person. We know that those we serve often struggle to find jobs that pay a living wage. So, more than 20 years ago, we began to offer workforce development programs in Northeast Ohio.
Today, we offer job training programs that prepare individuals for careers in several business sectors, like construction, manufacturing, customer service and healthcare. But we don’t just offer job training: we offer wraparound services that will give you the support you need to succeed in the training program and in your career. We prepare you for success in the job market by helping you hone your interviewing skills and create a strong résumé. Then, we link you to over 300 nearby employers, and stay connected to you during your first year of employment and beyond.
A Comprehensive Approach to Job Training
At Workforce 360°, we can help you get the skills you need to succeed!
Our Workforce 360° program provides individuals with job readiness and soft-skills training, so you can secure a job and create a brighter future for you and your family. Once you develop your skills, our program helps you to find and retain a job.
We offer a personalized approach to career development, including:
- Job training that provides you with skills that employers are seeking
- Programs allow you to pursue credentials and certifications to document new skills
- Educational support to complete your high school diploma or high school equivalency
- Access to cutting-edge Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality training
- Case management, to identify barriers in the way of your success. We connect you to the services and programs you need to succeed.
- Access to wraparound supportive services, including:
- mental health support
- transportation assistance
- childcare assistance
- housing support
- substance use disorder counseling
- legal services
- other supports as needed—we will help you succeed!
- Soft skills training—helping you learn the non-technical skills that lead to success at work, like:
- How to write a résumé
- How to interview for a job
- How to communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors
- Financial literacy training—giving you access to tools to manage your money and make good financial decisions
- Career coaching—helping you identify your career path and the steps to take to achieve the job you want
- Connections to over 300 area employers
- Paid work experiences
- Job placement assistance
- Follow-up for one-year post-placement—you can return for additional coaching and support any time, even beyond the first year of employment
Do you want to secure a better future for yourself and your family? Watch this video to see a Workforce 360° success story!
Workforce 360° Program Areas
Workforce 360° programs are available in Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga, Summit and Medina counties.
Cuyahoga County: Programs available for those ages 18-24 include general job readiness and customer service training, as well as preparation for jobs in the following industries: healthcare, construction, and manufacturing. Cuyahoga County also has a YouthBuild Program available, which is an affiliate of YouthBuild USA.
Summit County: Programs available for those ages 16-24 include general job readiness and customer service training, with an opportunity for expanded training in in-demand occupations. Programs offer educational support for those in need of high school diploma/equivalency, and individuals have the ability to earn income through local paid-work experiences.
In Lake County and Geauga County: Programs available for those ages 18-24 include general job readiness and customer service training with an opportunity for expanded training in in-demand occupations. Programs offer educational support for those in need of high school diploma/equivalency, and individuals have the ability to earn income through year round local paid work experiences and summer employment.
Specialized Job Training Help for Those with Substance Use Disorders
OhioGuidestone’s Workforce Department also offers specialized workforce development programming for individuals 18 years and older facing substance use disorders. This program is offered in Cuyahoga County, Medina County, and Summit County. For more information, please fill out this Workforce Program form. For information on OhioGuidestone’s substance use disorders services, visit our Substance Use Disorders Services page.
Build a better future
Get started today with one of our Workforce 360° workshops or job training programs.